Sunday, June 22, 2014

French Crepe

Summer in Tennessee is as bountiful as it can be! With the onset of Summer Solstice, I wanted to get "indulged" in what the golden Sun and verdant Earth is blessing us with. The first best opportunity came on a Sunday morning. With incessant music of the Song birds and the whirling fog into my living room, I started beating up eggs and flour.....and, mention I must, I was missing more than one friend for company. Marie-May - you inspire me with love and life. Bon appetit!




Servings: 12

Ingredients for batter:

  1. 1 cup self-rising flour
  2. 1 tsp granulated sugar
  3. 1/4 tsp salt
  4. 3 eggs
  5. 2 cups milk
  6. 2 tbsp butter, melted
For filling: 

I went with fruits that I had - strawberries and Kiwi, slightly drizzled with honey and heavy cream. Do what you fancy!

Steps:
  1. In a deep mixing bowl, sift together all the white ingredients, add eggs and beat up to a smooth batter
  2. Add butter and mix well into the batter
  3. Heat a non-stick frying pan and lightly grease with butter or cooking spray. Use ~ 2tbsp of the batter for one crepe and roll the pan to uniformly and thinly spread the batter (do not use the Spatula to do so)
  4. Light brown on both sides, turning very gently, and serve hot with your favorite filling



No comments:

Post a Comment